Archiving the Arts
- I need to pay more attention to the good things in the Rhizome Artbase online archive. Thanks to Digital Conservator Ben Fino-Radin for sharing strategies!
- Another great organization, the Alberta Media Art Alliance and their newly published survey (2011) brought to my attention by Michele L. Wozny of PEAR Writing Studios.
- VTape’s Best Practices for Artists and Organizations on the Care of Video Art.
- The artist documentation process of ArtLog and the Dublin Institute for Technology. Thanks to Yvonne Desmond’s presentation for really giving us an idea of what works and what doesn’t and why..
- Jonathan Furmanski, Associate Conservator for AV Materials, introducing us to the brilliant and complicated nature of artist Cynthia Maughan and her video archive, at the Getty Research Institute.
- Peter d’Agostino chatting us up!
So many more other things, including a great off-the-cuff casual discussion- an open forum, per se- about the needs of archivists and artists, and all the mediators in between…